Friday 11 October 2019

REBORN - 3


Time is magical in times of hurdle and troubles. Sometimes it’s fast, sometimes it’s slow. In my case, it was fast. It didn’t take me long to reach the reception desk. There I found that gorgeous female nurse that had a smile as my late wife. Well, let’s cast the devil away and say no to temptations.
         “Hello Suleiman, how’s Abby?” She said giving me the smile I told you about as I approached her desk.
        “Let’s just pray for her. She really need prayers.” I replied back while forcing a smile that never appeared.
       “She is a good girl, she will be okay.” Her voice now sounded sympathetic.
        “Has anyone left me a package?” I asked not sure if the stranger was serious. But he must be, he sounded sincere.
         “Ooh yeah, I think so. Give me a minute” She replied and bent under her desk.
My mind was like “Thank Goodness, he wasn’t joking”.
          But, what could the package be! I started wondering.
In few seconds, the nurse sat upright and handed me a black mini-bag and a small sealed envelope.
            “Here we go.” She said.
            “Thank you, so much” I replied with my concern more on the package and envelop than on her.
I then walked a few steps from her desk, unsealed the envelope and took out the letter inside it.
I held the letter for some countless seconds arguing with my mind whether to go on or forget about the man and his letter. Finally, I decided to read it because it was not likely that I had a choice.
Here is what the letter said, read it careful please.
        “As I told you before Suleiman, your task is simple, though needs to be done with care. If you follow my lead everything is going to be fine and simple. Inside the min-bag are some cloth that you have to put on. I hope they fit you well. There is a small zip inside the bag, open it, you will find a motorcycle key. The motorcycle is packed outside the hospital. You will just know it as soon you see it. IT’S A BRAND NEW ONE. Before we go on, after you deliver the package the motorcycle is yours.
With the cloth on, ride to the city Centre and park beside ARMOND HOTEL and wait there for five minutes. My brother will deliver you a package and as soon as you get it, drive fast until you reach FURAHA ORPHANAGE. There you will find a man waiting for you, give him the package and he will hand over you the cash I promised. After you get the cash, rush to the hospital and pay your daughter's treatments. You know better than I that Abby has no much time.
I wish you the best of lucks man. And please Suleiman, don’t mess up. The package is really to me.
By A FRIEND.”

I bet you also could have doubted the man and the package, but believe me, with a dying kid, those doubts are NOTHING.  Now the issue I asked myself and perhaps you may be asking yourself is about time I was supposed to start the so-called “deliver the package mission”.
I too first wondered but after I turned the letter, my doubts vanished.

     “It’s noon now, be around ARMOND HOTEL at 05pm sharp, you get late you miss the package and Abby’s money.”
I opened the mini-bag and found the cloth and the key. I went outside and found a brand new motorcycle. I couldn’t stop smiling knowing that I’d own it few hours later.
 “I could hire someone and make this tukutuku a boda boda to earn extra income.” I thought while touching it. I nearly kissed it, if I had not been at my early 30’s. Even though, why what stopped me from giving it a try!
I rode it and went to buy some food and fed Abby, comforted her until 04pm. It was time to go, or else I would be late.
         “I am going to withdrawal money for your therapy honey. I won’t be late.”
          “Promise?” She said while stretching her little finger towards me.
          “Yeah, Promise” I replied with a smile then stretched my finger too, and we promised in sign. This sign meant that we were supposed to meet again.
Just like that, I hated saying goodbye. For me, goodbye was a bit of bad luck. And just like me, Abby believed so too.
I went to the hospital washroom and put on the cloth delivered to me.  The shirt was a black long sleeve. The trouser, black jeans. And the shoes, leather black. With the glasses on, man! I resembled a black panther.
I got outside the hospital, sat on the motorcycle, put on the helmet and looked at the hospital entrance. I inhaled and exhaled slowly and BOOM! It was time to go. It was time I did something good for my baby girl. It was a time I had to put my faith in a stranger.

WHAT’S NEXT?
WHAT DOES DESTINY HAVE FOR SULEIMAN?
IS HIS FUTURE PLEASANT?


Reborn 4 is coming soon!
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Featured Post

REBORN - 4

With the new motorcycle, I passed across traffic police waving at them. No one dared to stop me. The motorcycle appearance answered all the...

WATCH MLIMANI TV

WATCH MLIMANI TV
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel

Total Pageviews

Want to read more?