Sunday 25 August 2019

QUICK10: BEHIND GOODLUCK PAUL'S CAREER


Hello, welcome to the new session, QUICK10 where you’re going to meet different people and get to know the other side of their lives. Today, we’ll be with Goodluck Paul, a former Prime Minister of the Dar es Salaam University Students Organization (DARUSO).  He is also a recent graduate of the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, where he pursued Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication. He’s shared with us his life behind his career and what we probably didn’t knew about him. Here, Mr. Goodluck answers our quick ten questions.


QUICK10: What is your worst fear?

GOODLUCK: My worst fear is the fear of failure. I always fear to fail, and when I think of staring something new I also start counting of the risks that will presumably happen, so I find myself postponing some of the things. So I really fear to fail.



QUCIK10: What drove you to study journalism?

QUICK10: You know, when I was a little kid I had this tendency of sitting and finding the pieces if newspapers and reading the news as I'm broadcasting via the radio, so I was in love with radio and TV personality. I was aspired to be known, to be famous, people to see me on the TV and even people who know me can say, 'Hey, that's Goodluck,' I was really impressed by the personality of the media. And that started growing, then, when I was a teenager I realized what's all about journalism and other aspirations came around and added the motivation for me to study journalism.

"I was aspired to be known, to be famous, people to see me on the TV and even people who know me can say, 'Hey, that's Goodluck'" - Goodluck Paul


QUICK10: What wrong thing have you ever done that still haunts you to this day?

GOODLUCK: (Laughing) It's... crying and being so sad after being left by my girlfriend. You know, I started appearing - when I came across her - having this sad face, then I realized that I shouldn't be that way; I should actually pretend that everything is alright so that she cannot know that she defeated me.


QUICK10: What do you do when you are alone?

GOODLUCK: I really like meditation; sitting alone and think of things of the world, dreams and visions. I really like to think of how things go. I also like music, I always listen to music when I am alone.


QUICK10: How do you see yourself ten years from now?

GOODLUCK: I see myself being a great leader of this nation, not necessarily the greatest one like the president or the PM, but after ten years I might be a member of the parliament, a regional commissioner or somebody of that level. But after sometime, if I won't be the president or the prime minister, then I will be the General Secretary of the United Nation.


QUICK10:  What is the best thing or feeling that you have ever had?

GOOLUCK: It is the feeling of being loved. You know, it's amazing. I have been in love and that was my best feeling. And when my girlfriend left me it was a great distress (Quick 10: And when was that?) Last year (laughing) But I have found a new one and life goes on.

>>ALSO READ:



QUICK10: What is it that you hate the most when someone does it to you?

GOODLUCK: It's being despised or being under-estimated, being lowered. I hate when someone puts me in down levels.


QUICK10: Who is your role model, and why?

GOODLUCK: I'm not sure if you will like my answer, but I'm really satisfied by the version of me, but I have people whom I see myself in that trajectory; people of my kind. But I feel I will be more like them sometime because currently they are in their forties and fifties. In Tanzania I have James Mbatia and January Makamba; outside the country, Kofi Anan is the one. I really like people of this kind, humble people, they don't talk much, they don't talk less. They talk when there is a need to talk and when they talk, they talk with backgrounds, facts, evidences. They are people of great personality.


QUICK10: You are one of the few people who have put their dreams on the table for everyone to see, and it is known to many people that you want to be a diplomat. Why do you want to become a diplomat?

GOODLUCK: Because I really love peace, love and humanity. So I want to become a diplomat because I love peace and I hate conflict. I would love people to stay in harmony, and when people stay in harmony love will chip in and humanity will chip in.


QUICK10: Since you want to be a diplomat I believe you are aware of the diplomatic terminologies. Can you name two synonyms of the word delegation?

GOODLUCK: (Stammering) Maybe... subordinate? I can say... or co-member? I don't know (laughing) comrades or colleagues?


Hey, I hope now you know Mr. Goodluck more than before, right? What do you think? Who should we feature in the coming QUICK10? Leave your comment below. And thank you for taking your time with us.

Sam Gidori is a student at the University of Dar es Salaam, pursuing BA in Mass Communication. Besides writing, he also produces and edit different television and radio programs at Mlimani Media.

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Featured Post

REBORN - 4

With the new motorcycle, I passed across traffic police waving at them. No one dared to stop me. The motorcycle appearance answered all the...

WATCH MLIMANI TV

WATCH MLIMANI TV
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel

Total Pageviews

Want to read more?